New Cookbook / Recipes
25 Things You Should Know About
Mannheim Steamroller and Chip Davis
- Mannheim has sold over 40 million albums, outselling artists such as Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi and Billy Joel, making them one of the top 50 best selling artists during the past two decades
- If you lined up all the CDs sold, they would stretch from New York to Los Angeles and then into the Pacific Ocean -- more than 3000 miles.
- If you stacked up the CDs, they would be taller than the Sears Tower -- 645 times taller.
- The band’s name came from Mannheim, Germany where Mozart lived. Mannheim Steamroller is the name for an 18th century musical technique known as the crescendo.
- Chip formed the American Gramaphone record label in 1974 when no label would take on his music. Today, American Gramaphone is one of the most successful independent music franchises in history.
- Mannheim Steamroller’s music styling, dubbed “18th Century Classical Rock”, is largely credited with establishing the genre of New Age music.
- The music industry told Chip, “Don’t do a Christmas album because that will signal the end of your career.” Mannheim Steamroller Christmas went on to sell five million copies after Chip produced it himself -- and changed the sounds of Christmas music forever.
- Mannheim Steamroller is the #1 Christmas music artist of all times, selling over 27 million albums. The second highest Christmas artist is Elvis Presley.
- Since 1984, Mannheim has traveled more than 27 million miles, hung more than 2.6 million square feet of video screen, and booked more than 41,000 hotel rooms in eight different time zones for its annual Christmas Tour.
- Chip has created two traveling troupes for the Mannheim Steamroller Christmas Tour to meet continuing popular demand even after 25 years.
- The top-selling non-music product on the Mannheim Steamroller website is Cinnamon Hot Chocolate. The hottest selling ring tone for mobile phones is “Carol of the Bells”
- The group has traveled throughout the world for recording sessions and concerts including London, St. Petersburg, Russia, throughout Germany, Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico.
- Mannheim Steamroller has transformed Halloween music just as it did with the sounds of Christmas. The band is the top selling Halloween artist today.
- The Recording Industry Association of America has awarded 16 gold records, 7 platinum and 4 multi-platinum to Mannheim Steamroller.
- While majoring in bassoon and playing the drums, Chip plays the hammered dulcimer and two old-fashion members of the reed family -- the cornamus and crumhorn.
- In addition to writing, arranging and recording 35 albums, Chip is the author of five children’s books and has created an entire line of food and bath products under the Mannheim Steamroller name.
- Chip wrote his first song at the age of six about his dog, Stormy. He received his first Grammy in 1990 for Fresh Aire 7.
- Chip’s first job was a telephone lineman. He then went on to sing in the Norman Luboff Choir after college and later became an advertising jingle writer in Omaha.
- The hit record “Convoy”, which blew open the CB craze in 1975, and the “Convoy” movie starring Kris Kristofferson were based on C.W. McCall, a fictional truck driver co-created by Chip during his days in advertising.
- Chip was named the Country Music Songwriter of the Year by ASCAP in 1976.
- In Christmas of 2008, Chip gave away one million CDs to U.S. troops, their families, military hospitals and other support groups. He received the Award for Exceptional Public Service from the Department of Defense -- becoming one of only a small group of recipients in the United States.
- Chip has developed a patent-pending music therapy system. Ambient Therapy combines music with natural sounds and is being used by Mayo Clinic, Wake Forest, Walter Reed and other medical facilities.
- NASA has approved the review of Ambient Therapy for use by the astronauts in long-range space travels.
- Mannheim Steamroller provided the on-site technology to capture and record the launch and landing of Space Shuttles Discovery and Atlantis -- characterized by NASA as the most accurate audio recording of a shuttle launch and landing ever made.
- Mannheim Steamroller is the only group to ever perform twice at the annual Lighting of the National Christmas Tree Ceremony during the Bill Clinton and George W. Bush Administrations.
- New Wallpapers
- New Screen Savers
- and More...
You can download ringtones now Click here